Sense/Net 6.1 Community Edition
Main new features:
- major performance optimizations
- Office 2010 and Basic authentication support
- new main page and enhanced demo experience
The new 6.1 release is a true milestone in the history of Sense/Net ECMS. In the past few months we mostly concentrated on performance optimizations and implemented low-level features for improved scalability and robustness. We have tested the system in high availability setup under high load by conducting a benchmark during which we imported 100 million files into a single content repository. Apart from the performance boost you will experience with the newest release some long-awaited features are also included like Office 2010 support, Basic authentication support for Office integration and WebDAV and we also bring you a whole new demo experience with our new 6.1 main page.
Performance optimizations and scalability enhancements
• Benchmark tool: http://wiki.sensenet.com/index.php?title=Benchmark_Tool
• Bundling css and js files: http://wiki.sensenet.com/index.php?title=Bundling_css_and_js_files
Office 2010 support
Support for Office 2007 was already included in previous versions of Sense/Net. From now on Sense/Net ECMS also works with Office 2010 meaning you can use Microsoft Office Word/Excel 2010 to edit documents from the content repository. As a bonus, Office integration and WebDAV also work using Basic authentication, so setting up NTLM authentication for opening Office documents is not any more a strict requirement. This way you can invoke the Edit in Microsoft Office action also on sites using Forms authentication. It is worth mentioning that besides Internet Explorer you can also use Chrome and Firefox to open documents.http://wiki.sensenet.com/index.php?title=Managing_Documents_from_Microsoft_Office
New main page and enhanced demo experience
For a renewed base system comes a new user interface. Besides many UI fixes we have also redesigned the main page of the default installation. All these changes serve one simple goal: we would like our new users to encounter a demo experience where everyone can easily find those features of Sense/Net ECMS that best suit his/her needs in solving business problems or building enterprise content management systems.
How to install
• Before installing please read installation section
on our wiki!
• Application pools should be running with .NET 4Detailed changelog:http://wiki.sensenet.com/index.php?title=Changelog_6.0.8_-_6.1Production level config:http://wiki.sensenet.com/index.php?title=Configuration_for_Production_Environment_-_version_6.1