Sense/Net 6.0 Beta 5 Release Notes
We are proud to finally present you Sense/Net 6.0 Beta 5, a major feature overhaul over beta43, and hopefully the penultimate beta before the final, stable product. As the focus of this release, we have added a complete ECMS user interface, enabling you to easily create and use workspaces and content lists out-of-the-box to boost your organizational productivity.
Main feature changes
- Content Lists (previously Listers) have been improved internally, and augmented with an intuitive user interface.
- Workspaces are now ready for real-life deployment and everyday work.
- We finally implemented indexing and search via Lucene.NET, boosting overall speed by several magnitudes.
- A new permission management system has been added, boosting overall speed and providing full support for ACLs.
- We have re-thinked the Content Type hierarchy, and in the process, removed several long-running bugs from the system.
- We put much work into making Windows authentication function properly out-of-the-box.
- We have integrated Microsoft ASP.NET MVC support into the product.
- New, declarative UI hints have been added to CTDs, helping eschew cumbersome custom Content Views.
- The newsletter module has been factored out of the main product, and will be released as an add-on in improved form in the near future.
- Uncountable bugs have been fixed since the last release.
System requirements (important!):
- IIS 7 or 7.5 (Windows Vista / Server 2008 or later)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or later (SQL Express recommended for the source edition)
- Client browser: Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox 3.5
For further information, read the release notes file included for download.