We have completed the first working version of Microsoft Active Directory synchronization for Sense/Net 6.0. As we beleive this is a key feature that may be interesting to many of our potential users, we have decided to create a release containing this functionality. This is Sense/Net 6.0 Beta 4.3.
Work on Sense/Net 6.0 Beta 5, our next milestone release, is advancing at a rapid pace. Expect breathtaking improvements and new features in early November. :)
Apart from the AD Synch architecture, we have also fixed a few minor bugs since beta 4.2, so an upgrade is highly recommended.
Upgrading from beta 4
When upgrading an existing beta 4 installation to beta 4.3, you will need to move the /Root/System/Apps folder to /Root/Apps for Smart Applications to continue working properly.
Upgrading from beta 4.1 and 4.2
Upgrading an existing beta 4.1 or 4.2 installation to beta 4.3 requires no special procedures. Be aware though that many bugfixes have been made to the default database structure, thus it is best for development or demo purposes to do a clean Sense/Net beta 4.3 install instead of upgrading.
For additional information, check out our forum.
- The generic „properties” or „edit” SmartPage found under /Root/System/Apps/GenericContent/Edit throws an exception („multiple controls of the same id...”) on postback events if the Content being edited is a Page. This includes the scenario when the SmartPage is requested through its own URL.
- When creating a new Content through the Workspace „Add new Content” wizard, one needs to explicitly enter both the desired Name and DisplayName properties of the new Content, otherwise it will be created and will show up in collections with the default DisplayName.
- SmartFolders containing queries that use context-sensitive parameters such as "CurrentWorkspace" will display unexpected (erroneous) results when viewed from outside normal portal context (eg. from the Content Explorer).
- Permission handling is still unreliable under portals using the SmartApplication model. Pleas refrain from using this technology for production, mission-critical purposes.
- The SiteMenu portlet fails to respect Index values in certain cases.
- Two users cannot use the same e-mail address, even if the unique e-mail check is disabled.
- The e-mail notification for administrators about new users seem to be unreliable.
- Sometimes the Security tab on the Content Explorer shows an empty window. Clicking back to the content view, and opening the Security tab again will fix this problem.
- The AJAX functionality in the Folder SmartPage seems to fail on certain IIS 6.0 installations. We are looking into the reasons of this problem.