This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is Sense/Net ECM good solution for Digital Asset Management ?

May 9, 2013 at 7:58 AM
I'm looking for an open source Digital Asset Management system (to upload, store, convert, categorize, search, view, play, share, and secure video, audio, image and office documents with tagging, permission approval workflow and other common features). unfortunately i didnt find any good opensource asp.net solution.

I can write .Net code for some media specific functions like convert video, thumbnail and preview generattion , resize video and images, with some tools like ffmpeg, NET-Media-Handler-Pro, exif, ImageMagick, flvtool and use PLupload for good upload performance and accessibility and good media player like jwplayer,

Is Sense/Net good for me ?
Coordinator
May 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM
As a short answer: yes.

Sense/Net is an ECM that can be used for Digital Asset Management purposes as well.
You can store over millions of files in the system. We have tested it with over 100 million.
The files are either stored in the filesystem (as SQL Sever FILESTREAM) or in the database.
Permission, workflow, search and many other features are built-in. File upload is modern browsers is chunked and very efficient. (We use JQuery File Upload and not Plupload.)
What the software may not cover out of the box as of today is the folllowing:
  • conversion of files (the Enterprise Edition has Office to png conversion built-in for previews),
  • securing files with DRM/IRM.
You can register in our forum to get community support, also please check out the licencing options.
May 11, 2013 at 6:06 AM
Thank you so much for your quick answer,

I will try to create a good Digital Media Asset Manager by Sense/Net .