This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Workspace setup

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:27 AM

Hello SenseTeam, what a great Cms you've built, it's impressive.

But I cant get the workspace to be shown. I created new domain added a new folder intranet, added a workspace to it. Until here all works fine, but when I click on calendar or any other subpage, it does not show. Only the breadcrumb is on that page. How do you route the Calendar Memo etc, to be shown in workspace. Is there some convetion that I've missed.

Dec 7, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Hi,

in the default install, the calendar, memo, and task content are visualized by the /Root/Sites/Default_Site/(apps)/Folder/Browse page, that is a custom smart application for all folder-type content under the Default Site. If you have created your own site, you will need to copy this application to the right structure, to have the same functionality. That is, copy the above browse page to the

"/Root/Sites/MySite/(apps)/Folder"

folder, with the name Browse. That way all folder-type content will be handled by this application, and hence the children list will be shown with an intranet-design page, and not the deault browse view for the folder (a calendar, a memo, and a task is considered to be a derivative of the folder type, they are ContentLists that contain other content). You can always check which smart application is used when displaying a content, simply by clicking on the content (for example Calendar), clicking on 'Jump to application' in the Portal Remote Control (or PRC), and checking the address bar in the browser - it will point to the application page.

Hope this helps,

Levi Dobson

Dec 8, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Hi and thank's, I realized that it's setup automatically routes by name when creating it.

I've started using this a few days ago and learning goes fast. I understand the arcitechture and it's feel really well built.
Man I love this application, so much functionallity ans so easy to use. You did a really great work here.

I though have another question: The Wall application, is there a way to prevent that all admin actions is displayed in the workspace. Right now it's massive, and slows down performance. And I can't55 find where the list is getting it's data from. What I really want is to have a "View more" after lets say 5 posts or just exclude admin actions.

And thank's again for your help.

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Hi,

thank you for your comments. The wall currently can not be configured or fine-adjusted. However, we have started using it inside our company to see how it works in real life, and we are facing similar issues with it: too much information is posted on the wall. We are planning to introduce filtering, configuration of posts to be shown and also paging to give a more compact view. You can tweak the source code until then if you like: posts are queried in SenseNet.Portal.Wall.DataLayer.GetPostsForWorkspace - admin messages come from journal items.

Levi Dobson

Dec 9, 2011 at 4:50 AM

Hi again. I see, I installed from deploy, so I'll will download the source and make the changes to it.

Regard, Rickard Magnusson

Dec 9, 2011 at 7:24 AM

Hi again, for now I suppressed all JournalItems and it works fine.

I changed the return from GetPostsForWorkspace:
return posts.Union(crudPosts).Union(contentComments).OrderByDescending(p => p.CreationDate);
to
return posts.Union(contentComments).OrderByDescending(p => p.CreationDate);

That will do for now! Many thank's for you quick help.

Regards Rickard Magnusson