This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

IndexPopulator

Nov 3, 2011 at 5:31 AM
Edited Nov 3, 2011 at 5:31 AM

I have got the following problem. Try to run the IndexPopulator and it returns with an error on line 132 on Populator.cs

The line reads as follows

var preload2 = SenseNet.ContentRepository.Repository.Root;

It comes back with: "The type initializer for 'SenseNet.ContentRepository.Repository' threw an exception."

Anyone got any ideas of what this might be?

Thanks in Advance

Nov 3, 2011 at 5:50 AM

I narrowed it down to the following exception

"The configuration section for Logging cannot be found in the configuration source."

Any Idea what this could be?

Nov 3, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Hi,

the IndexPopulator (and every tool, and the portal itself, too) uses the Microsoft Enterprise Library (Entlib) logging. The Entlib requires the tools configuration to contain a section for logging (it reads as "loggingConfiguration"). So first of all please make sure, that this "loggingConfiguration" section is defined in your indexpopulator.exe.config as well as in your web.config - and probably its best if they don't differ.

However, the problem could also be that the entlib files are not present in the folder that you try to run the indexpopulator tool from, or they have a different version. Please make sure, that you execute the indexpopulator.exe from the webfolder bin directory, and that the entlib files are present there.

Which package have you installed: source or webpi?

Levi Dobson

Nov 3, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Hi Levi

Thanks for your reply. I have checked that all the files are present and i am running it from the Web/bin directory.

I got the second error while i was trying to debug it. It now goes past that point but still comes back with the error on the first post.

I am running 6.0.1 source because i only have VS2008 and the later versions seems to be in VS2010.

I am running Windows 7 32bit and my IIS is 7.5 can that be a problem? as i have tried everything now and cant seem to get this working.

Thanks for you help.

Nov 3, 2011 at 9:58 AM

This should definiately be a configuration/dll loading issue. I suspect that some dll-s are missing from the web folder. If it's a source package: could you try copying all the files from the folder EntlibReferences into the web folder? It is also possible that some extra component is missing (like MVC2, but I'm not sure if it is a prerequisite for 6.0.1. It surely is for the later versions). I assume the package built without any errors, right?