These Release Notes give you brief information about the Beta 4 release of Sense/Net 6.0 Content Repository and contain quick links which are useful for getting detailed information about usage and installation.
What's new in Sense/Net 6.0 Enterprise Portal & ECMS Beta 4?
- Sense/Net Web Application Model: refined and improved
- WebDAV functionality moved to SenseNet.Portal Layer
- Sense/Net 6.0 now uses ExtJS 3.0 instead of ExtJS 2.2
- Ext-base changed to jQuery
- New Context-based portlets introduced for Workspaces and the Web Application Model
- The binary fieldcontrol now has an „upload to binary property” feature
What is a Workspace?
In our terminology the workspace is a small portal area allocated for users to work in, share their ideas, documents, whatever can be stored in the ContentRepository. Sense/Net Workspaces are very similar to SharePoint or Alfresco Sites. The Workspace concept is based on the Smart Application model implemented in Beta 4.
For additional information, check out our wiki about Workspaces
What is Sense/Net Smart Application Model?
The Smart Application model is a new feature of Sense/Net 6.0 for defining frontend templates to display and manipulate data in the Repository. Amongst a truckload of fantastic possibilities, it enables portal builders to create classes of Pages instead of Pages, and leave the task of linking Pages with Contents to be displayed to a smart automatism.
You can read detailed information about Smart Application Model
in our wiki.
Before installing, make sure your computer meets the software prerequisites
and hardware requirements
There are several installation guides available. Choose the one appropriate to the distribution you wish to use.
For additional information, check out our forum
- The generic „properties” or „edit” SmartPage found under /Root/System/Apps/GenericContent/Edit throws an exception („multiple controls of the same id...”) on postback events if the Content being edited is a Page. This includes the scenario when the SmartPage is requested through its own URL.
- When creating a new Content through the Workspace „Add new Content” wizard, one needs to explicitly enter both the desired Name and DisplayName properties of the new Content, otherwise it will be created and will show up in collections with the default DisplayName.
- SmartFolders containing queries that use context-sensitive parameters such as "CurrentWorkspace" will display unexpected (erroneous) results when viewed from outside normal portal context (eg. from the Content Explorer). This is an intrinsic limitation of context-sensitive queries.
According to our promise in Beta3, we strive to avoid breaking existing functionality in future releases. However, we still consider the Smart Application Model experimental technology, and thus namespace changes and other compatibility breaks are to be expected in this area.
We may change namespace names, class names and locations, class interfaces, content handlers, content type names, content type hierarchy, configuration and demo structure paths. Of course, this pertains solely to the namespaces and content types introduced for the Smart Application Model and the Workspace framework.