Sense/Net 6.4 Community Edition
Sense/Net 6.4 is finally out and it contains many improvements that customers will find particularly useful.
Please review the changes and new features and give a feedback on our forum
Main new features
- Security hardening
- Document viewer and upload improvements
- New APIs for developers
- ASP.NET Web API support
- SnAdmin v1.1 with automatic patches
We take security seriously in Sense/Net and constantly improve our product in this field. In this release there are two major new features that will harden the security of your portal.
- Executable files prevent users executing malicious code without your permission.
- Cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) lets you define a white list of external domains that are allowed to access the Content Repository from outside your portal through our REST API.
Document viewer and upload improvements
One of our most important features is handling documents and our preview tool is especially cool.
- Document viewer is more flexible so that you may customize the look and feel even further.
- Upload resume: when uploading a large file breaks for some reason, you will have the possibility to continue uploading that file, even after a power outage. Client-side developers got a new API for building this feature into their own UI.
New APIs for developers
We added many new extension points for developers so that you can build a solution that suits your business needs perfectly.
- Custom text extractors lets you index special file types unknown by the built-in extractors.
- The custom preview generator module structure is designed to let you add your custom preview generator easily.
- Task Management framework has improved in many ways, e.g. agents may connect to the portal using NTLM authentication in distributed mode; error handling and task finalizers are also a lot smarter.
ASP.NET Web API
is a cool framework for supporting HTTP services on top of the .NET Framework. If you want to build your custom API into a Sense/Net ECM portal, you may do so by simply dropping your plugin into our application directory.
The new 1.1 version of our package manager tool makes upgrades and patches a lot easier than before and it lets developers add new custom steps on-the-fly. We rely on this module heavily when we create our official upgrade packages for the Enterprise
How to installHow to install Sense/NetDetailed changelogChange log 6.3.1 - 6.4