This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Help needed

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Hi,

I followed all the steps mentioned at

http://wiki.sensenet.com/index.php?title=How_to_set_up_development_environment

I was able to go from step 1 to 13. Was also able to go to step 14 (Set up IIS site). I have a confusion here for step 14. I was asked to visit another URL and step 3 and 4 were to be done. The path mentioned here on the seconf URL is '%sourceroot%\Source\SenseNet\WebSite' but on the previous URL it was 'C:\development\MyWebApplication\Source'

This is where I am bit confused. Also I found that the 'ROOT' folder remains empty after I run the bat file. Also the Solution that I created do not have any .aspx page in it. How should I make my new empty web project that I created run? The 'InstallMyWepApplication.bat' ran successfully.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks
Banty Nigam

Aug 17, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Hi,

thank you for the comments. I have added some info that should clear the confusion at step 14. You will have to set up your IIS site to point to your website - which is where your web.config file is located. In the example it is c:\development\MyWebApplication\Source\MyWebApplication\MyWebApplication. So set the physical path of your iis site to this location, and that's it.

The 'Root' folder contains content that will be imported. It is empty, because the example only shows how to set up the initial working environment, from which you can start working on your project. While working you will create new files (ascx, html, etc.), which you will place in the Root folder MANUALLY, and after you've done that you can import these content to your repository, so that you can work with these content in your ECMS. Also, you can work with your Root folder the other way around: create content in the repository using Sense/Net ECMS, then export the created content to your solution's Root folder, and check them into the TFS so that your colleagues can import those into their repository.

To run your new empty web project, simply request the corresponding url you have set in the IIS, like http://localhost, and the main screen of your ECMS should appear.

Levi Dobson

Aug 21, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Hi Levi,

Thanks a lot. I think you have answered my queries. I will try and let you know.

Many thanks once again.

Thanks
Pranjal R Nigam

To: [email removed]
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 00:37:37 -0700
Subject: Re: Help needed [sensenet:391283]

Hi,
thank you for the comments. I have added some info that should clear the confusion at step 14. You will have to set up your IIS site to point to your website - which is where your web.config file is located. In the example it is c:\development\MyWebApplication\Source\MyWebApplication\MyWebApplication. So set the physical path of your iis site to this location, and that's it.
The 'Root' folder contains content that will be imported. It is empty, because the example only shows how to set up the initial working environment, from which you can start working on your project. While working you will create new files (ascx, html, etc.), which you will place in the Root folder MANUALLY, and after you've done that you can import these content to your repository, so that you can work with these content in your ECMS. Also, you can work with your Root folder the other way around: create content in the repository using Sense/Net ECMS, then export the created content to your solution's Root folder, and check them into the TFS so that your colleagues can import those into their repository.
To run your new empty web project, simply request the corresponding url you have set in the IIS, like http://localhost, and the main screen of your ECMS should appear.
Levi Dobson
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sensenet@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email sensenet@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com