This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

what happends with webdav?

Feb 29, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Hello first of all thanks for sharing, i´m learning so much asp.net architecture and probaby i will use this for my projects.

ok in your wiki you talks about configuring webdav publishing the webdav project (6.0.5) but there is not a webdav project (6.0.7)

i was not able to connect using webdav from windows 7 client platform.

Thanks.

Feb 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM

hi again, in forums i found a response about this issue, that points that the webdav project was drop and integrated inside the portal code.

Also wiki talks that webdav only works with NTLM authentication.

So after that, i change authentication to windows authentication in IIS 7.0 and also in the webconfig url section. Now the webpage ask for a credential (all this in local server and browser)  i put my windows user credential (ask two times ???) and then later i introduce admin/admin which not runs.

Also for webdav which is the url to map to a drive?

if all this works i can use webdav? can i edit a word document from the page?

Thanks

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Hi,

in order to be able to log in to Sense/Net using NTLM authentication your user needs to be created in the Content Repository under /Root/IMS in the appropriate domain. Create a domain for your domain name, and place a new user with the name of your windows account's name. Enable this user and add it to the administrators group. If everything is set up correctly, you will not need to give your credentials if you use Internet Explorer, it will automatically log you in.

To map the Sense/Net Content Repository to a drive you can use the same url that you use to access the UI, for example http://localhost.

Yes, opening word documents works from the UI if you use NTLM authentication and Internet Explorer. See more info : http://wiki.sensenet.com/index.php?title=Managing_Documents_from_Microsoft_Office

Levi Dobson

Mar 1, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Thank you very much, no works perhaps the enviroment or i miss understood "domain" concepts i will explain:

ON server:

windows server 2008 r2 without AD iis 7.5 (windows domain madrid)

site defined as documents.proyecto.madrid, accessed as http://documents.proyecto.madrid a

authentication defined on IIS:  anonymus enabled, basic auth enabled, windows auth enabled  ; suppliers enabled: NTLM, negotiate (on this order)

created a user jlserrano on windows server group users with password AAAAA

On sensenet:

default_site.content file:

<urlList>

<url authType='Windows'>documents.proyecto.madrid</url>

<urlList>

on web.config:

<sites>

<site path="/Root/Sites/Default_Site">

<urls>

<url host = "documents.proyecto.madrid" auth="Windows" />

on portal.

created a domain under IMS: documents.proyecto.madrid

create a user under this domain jlserrano password AAAAA belongs to builtin\administrators group.

ON client:

windows 7 home edition IE9. windows domain development

windows user jlserrano password BBBBB

webclient service started

modified:

<samp class="codeph">HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters\</samp> <samp class="codeph">BasicAuthLevel = 2</samp>

open my pc map network drive location http://documents.proyecto.madrid ask for user and password enter  user: jlserrano password AAAAA and ask again and again with no luck

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:09 AM

1. only windows authentication should be enabled in IIS, everything else should be disabled.

2. the name of the domain you have created on the portal should be exactly the same that you use for connecting to windows. If you can login to windows with madrid\jlserrano, then you should rename your domain to 'madrid'.

If you leave the portal on forms authentication, you should be able to login to the portal with the same domainname - username combination you use for logging in to windows (like madrid\jlserrano). So you could try to log in the portal when forms (in portal) and anonymous (in iis) is set up, to check if you have set up your domain and user correctly. So if you can login with builtin\admin and madrid\jlserrano and you have verified that madrid is the domain name you use when logging in to windows, then your authentication should work with windows auth, too.

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Thank you for your answer:

1 i disabled everything and only windows auth on IIS

2 change on sensenet de domain under IMS from documents.proyecto.madrid to madrid

the rest keep same.

Tests:

now when i leave the portal Forms Authetication ( this by web.config  <url host="documents.proyecto.madrid" auth="Forms" />

open IE and can login with madrid\jlserrano \ AAAAA and admin \ admin but can not connect to webdisk as http://documents.proyecto.madrid .

now when change to windows auth

open IE and in the window that appears can not login with madrid\jlserrano AAAAA in any way always ask user and password until 401 page error

BUT Google Chrome works perfectly also enable open office document menu (ofcourse only available in IE as it says)

about map network drive no luck ask again and again user and password madrid\jlserrano AAAAA

thanks

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:16 PM

more info about tests.

Firefox and Safari from MAC cannot login as well as IE 8 (used in last test) BUT IE 9 can login and also open the office document.

IE 9 ask for the user when open the page and office later ask for t user when opening the document chek in and check out  saving …. ask for version description …. everything ok but really the document is not saved but appers in database as new version and so on.

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Which document do you open? Which package did you use to install Sense/Net: webpi or source?

Try to add your site url to trusted sites, maybe the number of authentication popups will be lower.

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Thank you

Site is already aded to trusted site, i install from source 6.0.7 version from codeplex.

as summarize works as expected with IE9 but not lower chrome and safari from windows 7 and safari on mac osX

no works opening a webdav map drive  from windows 7 always ask the user and password; after some investigation:

client station is a windows 7 called desarrollo, server is windows server 2008 r2 called madrid (no domain in both cases)

when you send the user and password madrid\jlserrano AAAAA it seems that really the system is sending desarrollo\jlserrano AAAA could be?

in that case why ??????

about the problem when chek out a  office opened document inline the check out is working in database but the document is not sabed physically, some server directory permissions? how?

Thanks

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:08 PM

The reason I asked which package you used to install and which documents are you trying to open, is that saving documents might not work properly with source installation and built-in documents. Please use your own documents to go for sure.

Which version of office do you use? Currently 2007 is supported, 2010 is not.

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:22 PM

i´m testing with office 2003, 2007 and 2010 works if you use own documents and not provided, thanks

and about webdav from map drive?

some clues?

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:32 PM

No, I'm out of ideas. It is also strange that windows authentication does not work for you, only in IE9. Try the "Open in Windows Explorer" action on a Document Library from its "Actions" menu, see if it makes any difference to use webdav from there.

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:43 PM

tryid openning from ction->open in windows explorer, ask for user password and after a while a popup says a short "Error".

Thanks

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Start Debugview (a debugger application, you can download it for free), to see if the portal authenticated you successfully. When you try to open that action you should see a couple of debug lines with authentication info and possible error messages.

Mar 1, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Tanks
Some advice about debug package?
Server side debug?

Firma

El 01/03/2012, a las 16:51, "dobsonl" <notifications@codeplex.com> escribió:

Start Debugview (a debugger application, you can download it for free), to see if the portal authenticated you successfully. When you try to open that action you should see a couple of debug lines with authentication info and possible error messages.

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:17 PM

OK use microsoft network monitor and found some interesting things:

activity open in windows explorer from actions menu

client send http request  PROPFIND /

server answer Unauthorized URl: / Using NTLM auth

client send http request PROPFIND / using NTLM auth with this auth information:

negotiate flags: 0xA2088207 (NTLM v2128-bit encryption, Always Sign)

DomainNameFields 0

WorkstationFields  0

server answers Unauthorized URI: /  but exchanges now an WWWAutheticate: NTLM …..

client send http request PROPFIND / , using NTLM auth with now this NTLM auth information:

NLMP: NTLM AUTHENTICATE MESSAGEVersion: v2, Domain: MADRID, USER: jlserrano, Workstation: DESARROLLO ( so seems the infomration sent is correct)

server answer Status Method not allowed URI: / status code 405

so it seems not an auth problem

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Founded:

it seems that sensanet is not taking care of the request so this takes me to guess if someone is answering this is a test server so ….. I found that IIS 7.5 have installed the role of webdav publishing, so remove this and voila running.

runs from actions menu, map drive network, everything as expected.

perhaps a litle bit slow browsing , very slow while office save as for example, very slow when drop a document to  a folder on windows explorer, etc.

from MAC OS X speeeeeeedddddddd something is wrong with webdav client 6.1 from microsoft with the webdav server

now can  be defined a root webdav folder for a user o group?

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:50 PM

No, you will always have the full root displayed in webdav. However you could create a Workspace or a Folder somewhere in the Content Repository, and set permissions in a way that the user cannot access the /Root folder, only the folder/workspace you have created. This case the user will not be able to map http://localhost, but only http://localhost/Root/Default_Site/MyFolder. Also we have the concept of userprofiles, so you could write http://localhost/Profiles/domainname/username ... the user will have the necessary rights for its profile.

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:58 PM

So it seems to me that the use of webdav with sense/net is (due to windows auth) liked to the windows user NTLM management. So i suppose that you have to create one user on your windows server for every user you want to access your sense(net content repository, is that true?

Is there some technical restrictions to the use of windows auth to use a asp.net webdav server?

Thanks.

Mar 2, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Yes, you will have to create a user for everyone you would like to give access to webdav. If you have an Active Directory server, you can easily synchronize all of your existing users into the Content Repository, so that you don't have to bother with user creation in the portal.

Your other question I don't understand. Your users will be able to log in to a site using windows authentication even over the internet, an authentication window will pop up for the user.